Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A busy life

Life has been extremely busy the last 2 weeks. My kiddos last week of school & all of the activities that go along with that & the beginning of summer. I did get to go with my kiddo to the King Tut exhibit at Union Station here in Kansas City. It was great, though I'd like to go again when I can take my time & read as much as I'd like to. Here are a few pics. 

You can tell he was excited for me to take his picture with all of his friends around. 
 I've been trying to sew but it has been difficult. Here is what I'm working on

Sorry about the feet but I had to work around them. After I took this pic my friend & LAQ brought it to my attention that I had some blocks turned the wrong way. I have since fixed them. I saw this quilt on a blog (juliekquilts.blogspot.com) & wanted to make it. I then found the book that the pattern was in at a quilters sale for $3!! Great deal!
 I'm using some sampler blocks as my Leader & Enders.  It worked great & I finished all of my blocks. 

Now I am working on creating a setting that will take my 12 blocks & turn them into a King sized quilt. I'll keep y'all updated on my progress. There will probably be more tractor pictures than quilt pictures in the next few weeks. Hay season is just about here. Hope y'all are having a great day! More later on

Vicky 


No comments:

Post a Comment