Monday, June 9, 2014

What I'm working on & deadlines.

I've been trying my best to be as productive as possible. I know that hay season is here ( if the rain would hold up just bit)  & my quilting/sewing time is going to become scarce for a while. It looks like it's going to be a good year for hay. On Friday when I was back in the pasture checking the cows it looked like a giant dust/smoke cloud was coming from my house. It wasn't smoke or dust it was pollen. Yup there is so much pollen on the brome grass that it looks like smoke when the wind blows

On the Quilty front I was able to finish up this quilt 

It's not the best picture but the quilt is large & my living room is small. I've had mixed feedback on this quilt. Some people are neutral & others have not liked it. The blocks are not my design but the layout is. I'm calling it "Sunset at Turtle Bay". It's been a WIP for a few years & I really wanted it done. I used it as a L/E for my main project 

There are a lot of pieces to this quilt. I've been able to finish the last 5 blocks & quilt construction of " Sunset at Turtle Bay" & make a simple lap quilt while piecing this string quilt. I've got 3 more rows to put on. Then I'll need to decide what to do about borders. 

On deadlines,  this Thursday night is my local guild meeting. We are supposed to bring in our completed Summer row by rows quilt.  Is mine complete? Nope. As the PIC I need/will have it done. 

These are my rows. I'll kept y'all updated on how it goes. Check out what other quilters are up to at patchworktimes.com
More later on,


Vicky

3 comments:

  1. Your string quilt is WONDERFUL !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting in some quilting time during your busy season. Love your strings. Hope your row quilt gets done in time. Deadlines are great for making sure we keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts. I think your Sunset at Turtle Bay is going to be wonderful. Row quilt is darn cute and love love the string quilt.

    ReplyDelete