Monday, June 16, 2014

Busy little bee & what I'm working on

Well I've been a busy bee this last week or at least I've tried to be. Since we can't get into the hay field (because it's too wet) I've been trying to sew as much as possible.  I've done fairly well.  I've been able to finish 3 quilts & a wall hanging. First up is "Sunset at Turtle Bay". This was a 12 block sampler through my LQS a few years back. The blocks are their design but the lay out is mine. 

The next is my summer row by row


Then my string quilt. All of the strings for this quilt came from one large Frosted Flakes box

Then my hand embroidered wall hanging


Now I get to wait for them to get quilted. While I'm waiting I'm playing with a new template I got at The Missouri Star Quilt Co. I got the wrong size, I really needed the larger template but I'll play around with the smaller one for now.

It looks like a busy week. Most likely we won't be able to get in the field, still to wet. I'll do the best I can to use my time wisely. Check out what other quilters are up too at patchworktimes.com
More later on,


Vicky







1 comment:

  1. You have been busy!! Lovely finishes and I just LOVE those new blocks!

    ReplyDelete