Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Just a bunch of crazy cows


We had some thunderstorms last night. They were mild nothing crazy. My day went along just fine until I went to feed a pen of heifers. There were only 2 & there should have been 11. I put the feed into the bunks for the smarter 2 & into the pen I go. I come around a corner & look what I found 

Some how those crazy %}~<%%>~ cows broke into the barn. They have done this once before except they went in through the other doors. My husband shoehorns things in there so there was not a lot of room for them to get around. 
So unfortunately more straw bales got torn up. 

I had to go around to the outside of the door you see in the background & open it up so that they could get out. All the while I don't even consider the shoes I have on. Thankfully they are my everyday work boots. 

I wish I would have had my Muck boots. All things considered I am blessed. No heifers were hurt & no machinery was torn up. It is a crazy adventure living on the farm & raising cows. Time for a shower & fix dinner plus I need to sew. There's a quilt layed out on the living room floor! More later on,

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment