Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Summer Row by Row

I am so exited to say that the Summer Row by Row quilt is done!!!! What a huge relief it is for me to say that. 
I started with these 6 rows 

I was stumped on how to finish this quilt. I think that's why it stayed undone for so long. Well a deadline is a great way to make you make up your mind so that you can get it done. First I outlined each row with a dark purple & added a single row of 2" squares in between each row
Next my plan was to add a checker board of bright squares on each side to make the quilt a bit wider.  It was going great but my variety in squares was low so I started digging in one of my batik bins. Low and behold what did I find? Sections already made up. They were the correct size & colors. I could bot believe it!

I made up my two side sashing a & off I went to the final border. 

I really like it & I really like that there are scraps in it! Hope y'all are having a good day. More later on,


Vicky 






No comments:

Post a Comment