Thursday, June 5, 2014

Storm Damage

Well this morning more thunderstorms came through. Great loud thunder boomers, I love them! Then very oddly a thick fog rolled in & then the wind came. We generally do ok if the winds come from the North, South or West. When they come from the East that usually means trouble. Well today was no exception. 

My husband had been doing repair work & it is a good thing he had. His work is what is helping hold up the rest of the barn. We are very lucky & greatful that no people or animals were hurt. 

Since it was a rainy morning I could sew! I took full advantage of the time & finished this quilt

This has been a long time UFO for me. It was a Saturday Sampler from my local quilt store a few years ago. I was crazy & decided that I should do both color ways. I didn't like the setting so I made my own on each color way. This is the Sunflower quilt

The sampler blocks are the same just different color ways & lay outs. Since I am a scrap quilter buying yardage is foreign to me & I usually end up with way more than I need. That is true for this quilt too. When I got the yardage I hadn't made up my mind on the lay out & I wanted to make sure I had enough because it was a batik & I knew I'd never find it again. Well I have lots leftover. It will end up in a quilt at some point in time. I'd better go. More later on,


Vicky


No comments:

Post a Comment