Monday, June 30, 2014

What I'm working on & too many irons in the fire

Well the weather still has not cooperated with getting into the hay field. As long as I have been on the farm this is the latest we've ever been in starting hay. I've been doing my best to to stay busy sewing. 
First I've been working on this

I had gone to Missouri Star Quilt Co in Hamilton MO back in May. I had gotten the template & papers that I would need to make this quilt. My plan is to try & use up as much of my '30's & white fabrics that I can. This quilt won't be small, I rarely make small quilts. Well I liked this template so much I ordered the large template & papers. I was able to play a little bit with the larger size this weekend

I really like it & I can't wait to make more of them. These are the papers that I use to make the blocks

I also have to make my rows for my guilds Kansas row by row challenge. I'm behind so I need to kick it in the but & see what I can get done. I should have time we are supposed to get more thunderstorms in a few hours. I hope y'all are having a great day. More later later on. Check out what more quilters are up to at patchworktimes.com

Vicky


4 comments:

  1. I really like your blocks. I'm like you, I rarely make a small quilt. The 30's fabrics are going to be gorgeously showcased when your done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your first project. I can see a secondary pattern forming in the block placement.
    I like the second project because of the scrappy look. This is going to be a beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really luv your first project. 1930's fabric is my fav but I also luv batiks.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete