Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday morning workout + what I'm working on

Good Morning! It's been an active morning already. Yesterday we gave all of the cows & calves their shots & put them in the back pasture. It's later than what we normally do but fence & dam fixing had to be done first. I got the 4-wheeler out this am to go & check them. Dear husband reminded me that I would have to pull start it, no problem. I got it going, went & checked the cows everything is good right? Nope. When I came back through the gate I noticed that the top hinge had been sheared right at the pole

Another angle

No problem I'll just tie it up with baling wire because anything can be fixed with baling wire. Well I did that & texted husband to give him the heads up on what was going on. He wanted a chain added as well. So I go to start the 4-wheeler & the silly thing will not start. I tried everything that I knew to get it going but it would not start. Maybe I had flooded it. So I decided to walk back to the house/barns & got my chain. I chained the gate to the post
I went to start the 4-wheeler & that silly thing still wouldn't start. Grr, this was not how I wanted to start my Monday. I called dear husband but he was on the phone so I left a message & started pushing the 4-wheeler back to the house
I get half way home dear husband calls & tells me another "trick" to get it going & it starts right up. I felt like a fool. I'm back at home & I don't think that I need to go to the gym today.  I've already gotten my workout in. 

On the sewing front I was able to get this done

Woohoo! So excited to have it done. I'll take it to Theresa ( my LAQ) when I get this string quilt done. 

All of the 80 string blocks are done I'm working on the sashing & 9 patch cornerstones. I've got to run a few errands but I hope to spend my day sewing. Hope y'all are having a good Monday morning. More later on,



Vicky


2 comments:

  1. I really love what you are doing with your strings. That is such a great sashing too.

    ReplyDelete