Monday, February 10, 2014

What I'm working on: The Independence Quilt

My goal was to get this quilt done & to my quilter, Theresa today & I succeeded!!! It has been a fun quilt to make. I have practiced my set in seams a lot! I would have made it larger but I ran out of the blue & red scraps. I did buy the border fabric. Friend Maria will be writing the pattern for me. I'm hoping to be able to take it with me on Monday. Monday I am headed to Pittsburgh KS for lecture/trunk show.  While I am waiting for this quilt to be quilted I need to work on binding some quilts. I think that binding is my least favorite part of the whole process of making a quilt. There are 3 that need to be bound. 
I do need to work on cutting out my Double Wedding ring quilt so that I can give the die back. I don't like to borrow things but when I do I like to return ASAP!! 

I do hope that y'all had a good day. Mine was full of family, friends & fabric. You can't get it any better! Check out patchworktimes.com to see what other quilters are making.


Vicky

2 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful. One of our soldiers will love receiving it. Have fun in KS at your lecture/trunk show. Those ladies will really enjoy seeing all your wonderful scrap quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What are you going to bind it in?

    ReplyDelete