Friday, February 7, 2014

Inspiration in the bathroom

Last month on the 23 I was in Independence KS giving a lecture/trunk show. My friend Maria who was with me told me that I needed to take my phone & check out the bathroom floor in the ladies room. Hmm what was I going to find? We'll I found a very cool weave patterned on the tiled floor. I turned my volume off on my phone & took the picture. When I got home I looked at the pic but I didn't give it much thought. I had the log cabin project going & the bathroom tiles project was going to have to wait.
Well the log cabin blocks got put on hold because I messed up somewhere on them. I started looking at the picture on my phone. I thought that it should be done in patriotic colors because the pattern was inspired in Independence. I cut out a mock block & put it together & it did not match my picture. I found my issue & used my seam ripper & cut some pieces apart. Eventually I did get it! I pulled all of my cobalt blue, reds of a certain shade & whites. My quilt will only be so big because I ran out of the red & blue. It will be a great lap quilt. Once I get the quilt done I will post pics but for now here is where I am on it. I hope that y'all are staying warm. More later on,

Vicky  

p.s. Don't forget to look down you might be inspired by what you find!!!

1 comment:

  1. Vicky, I love your interpretation of the bathroom floor in Independence. That would make an awesome QOV for our troops. I have often done the same thing with my camera. In fact, I probably could fill a bgig notebook with pictures taken on trips, shopping, etc. Never in my lifetime will I get them all made. I've got too many UFOs now to even THINK about it! lol

    Hope you are staying warm.

    ReplyDelete