Thursday, February 20, 2014

String piecing update


Well I have had tunnel vision when it comes to this string piecing. There is lots of laundry to fold & bread to be made but have I done any of this, no I have not. I think that I have maxed out all that I am going to get out of this Frosted Flakes box. I tried not to use any solid black. White or cream colored fabric in the blocks. There is still some strings on the table but the variety is getting really low so I stopped at 72 blocks!!! Holy cow, 72 blocks from one box of strings. That's just amazing to me. I had bright ideas to make this a gigantic ( normal for me) sized quilt and have it finish off at least 100" square. That would make the setting be 18X18 & I would need 324 total blocks. That's a lot of blocks. I do have one more Frosted Flakes box full of strings that are easy to get to. I might get that box out & see how far it takes me.  I hope that y'all are having a great day. We've had some wild weather here in the middle of the USA today. I'd better get to work & see what I can get done before my kiddo gets home from school. More later on,

Vicky



1 comment:

  1. I love this scrappy string. I made one too but I added sashing strips. Check out my blog aquiltedpassion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete