Thursday, February 13, 2014

Just a little String piecing

Yesterday I was working on a string project for my trunk show on Monday. I needed a leader/ender project to go with it. So out comes one of the Frosted Flakes boxs full of strings. I dumped it on my kitchen table & off I went. Well in no time flat my primary project was all done but the mess of strings was still waiting patiently for me to use them up. So I did my best to sew them up. I made 18 string blocks yesterday afternoon & evening! After I've trimmed them up & squared them up they were 6". They should finish off at 5.5". I am wondering how many blocks can I get out of this one box? I am not using white, cream or solid blacks. They are being put away for another project.  We could have a contest with it if anyone wants to guess. I'm going to go with 123 blocks. I'll see what I can come up with for a prize. It make take a little while to use them all up but I'll keep y'all posted on my progress. Hope y'all are having a great day! More later on,

Vicky

2 comments:

  1. Those look so cute. They look much bigger in the picture. Thought they were at leaast 7 or 8 inches. Are you using telephone pages for the foundation part of them? I'm still making string blocks too, but I'm trying a different approach and keeping my color families together this time.

    ReplyDelete