Monday, February 24, 2014

What I'm working on & The Farm Show

I've been jumping from project to project this week. There are 3 projects that I need to be working on & completing. Project #1 is a baby quilt for my brother & his wife.  He is a huge/fanatical KU Jayhawk fan so that is why I've embroidered the Jayhawk. I found this pattern as a free coloring page on the internet. They only had 5 to choose from, kinda slim pickins. My sister told me this morning
that I need to try pumpkin carving patterns & see what I find there. 
Project #2 I will be doing a mystery lockin in a few weeks and I have nothing ready to go. My goal is not to buy any fabric & just use what I've got in my stash. I've been very wishy washy on my fabric choices. I never new that I was such a control freak but I am when it comes to mysterys. 

Project #3 I thought that I warned to make these cute little flower yoyo's & use them as napkin ring holders for my guilds 20'th anniversary party. I think that I need to make around 80 & I have 4 done. Thank goodness the party is not until May. I just need to do 5-10 a week & they would be done in no time flat. 

What have I been working on instead of these projects. My Apple Core quilt. I am really wanting to improve my curved piecing skills so that when I do my Double Wwdding Ring quilt I will feel confident. I do need to cut more fabric & get more variety. There needs to be more colors in this quilt!


Yesterday my family & I went to the Western Farm Show in Kansas City. This has been a yearly event since I've known my husband. This was also the first year that my kiddo got upset that I was taking pictures of him on the equipment. He accused me of "babying" him. I suppose he's to the age that having your mom take pictures of you is not cool. I stopped at three pics. 


I hope that y'all had a great weekend. I'm looking forward to the possibilities this week has! I hope y'all have a great day! More later on,


Vicky


1 comment:

  1. You have a lot going on. I love your KU jayhawk embroidery. I think you did a great job on it. Your apple core quilt is coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete