Friday, August 22, 2014

30's Periwinkle quilt is done!!!!!

Holy Moley it's done!!! I'm so excited & a little bit in disbelief that it's done. I have wanted to make this quilt for a long time but I had never found a pattern for it that I liked. Well that all changed this past May. I had made a trip up to Cameron MO to look at some farm equipment. I realized I was not very far from Hamilton MO, which is where Missouri Star Quilt Co is. Well I just had to go I was just 12 miles or so away. They had the Periwinkle quilt as a display & the template & foundation papers all in stock. Woohoo I was sold! I wanted to make mine in 30's prints with a white background. My hope was that it would put a serious dent in both of those piles & it did. I made mine much bigger than the one that was on display ( shocker I know, I just have a hard time making small quilts). Quilt stats:
256 blocks, setting 16X16, 1,024 kite pieces & 2,048 white background pieces. 

I didn't count the border pieces. My LAQ is putting muslin on the back. This was my summer project this year. I started it on June 14 ( I know this because I looked back through text messages to my LAQ & friend). I'm looking forward to getting it back & the binding put on. 

I'm going to be spending time inside today & probably until it freezes. The fall allergy season has started & I'm much happier & healthier inside. So glad I love quilting. I hope y'all have a great day,
More later on


Vicky

2 comments:

  1. That turned out beautiful. Congrats on making a dent in your scraps. What size in inches did it turn out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt so much! Any idea when you will be able to grt together or should I give up on that?

    ReplyDelete