Monday, November 4, 2013

My design wall/floor Monday

We woke up this am to no electricity. Not really the way you want to start a Monday. My husband got up & started to light our Coleman lantern. Small problem though, we couldn't find the matches. I should probably buy another box. So my husband got creative. He got a lighter & lit a pencil on fire to stick up into the lantern to get it going. He was successful  in getting it lit once but then it went out. The next try he used a q-tip that worked. Sometimes I think I'm married to MacGyver.  I was pumped to sew via a treadle by lantern but the electricity eventually came back on. 
I didn't get a lot of machine sewing done this weekend but I did get a lot of hand sewing accomplished. I finished my first Christmas embroidery block, added more hexies & I'm working on some string blocks. 
I hope y'all are having a good Monday. Mine is getting better as the day goes on. More later on,

Vicky 



No comments:

Post a Comment