Monday, November 25, 2013

Design wall Monday & the escape artist

We moved the cows down closer to the house this weekend. This is the first time that the baby calves have experienced an electric fence. The majority of the time they'll just touch it with their noses & that will cure them from messing with the fence. There are always one or two who are a little more curious and escape to the other side of the fence. Once they get over there they can't figure out how to get back to the other side where mom is.
We had an escapee this morning when I went out to check them. It took me a few minutes to get that silly calf back on the right side. I don't think it will be messing around with that fence again. 

On my sewing & design wall.  I am still working on sewing 1.5" squares into 16 patch blocks.  I've got a contest going to see how many 16 patches this stack of pieces will make. Check out my previous blog posts. 
I also got the first diamond hexie made. It's progressing, slowly. Hope y'all are doing well. More later on,

Vicky



1 comment:

  1. You are inspiring me to try that 16 patch with 1.5" blocks too. I have a boatload of them in one of my drawers. Your hexie is pretty.

    ReplyDelete