Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Frustrations with the design wall.

I've had this picture in my head of what I wanted this quilt to look like. I really like how the body of the quilt has turned out but now it's time for the borders. I had a large handful of 2" strip sets that I had leftover. I was going to put them around the quilt as my border. As I layed them out two things occurred: #1 I didn't have enough to go all the way around the quilt & #2 the 2" squares are too dark & completely take away from the body of the quilt. Oh what to do. So I vented my frustrations to two Quilty friends & with their help I think that there will be a solution. I'm going to do a simple border of the black/white scraps. Then bind it with a scrappy bright binding. Sometimes you just need to step back & ask for help. I'll try to post pics when I get it finished. Hope y'all gave a good day. 


Vicky



1 comment: