Monday, October 28, 2013

Nostalgia

I've had this quilt pattern dancing around in my head for awhile. I'm glad that it is finally in quilt form!  When I was a kiddo we had lots of crayons and I would color really hard on scratch paper on the diagonal with as many different colors as I could. Then I would cover the whole page with black after that I would etch different designs in the black. The beautiful colors would shine through the black.  That is what I remember when I look at this quilt.

I really thought that this quilt would use up lots of scraps but you can't really tell  I've used 8+ yards of batik scraps. This quilt is not for the faint of heart. There is over 1500 hst (half square triangles). The black is also scraps. 
Hope y'all are having a great evening. More later on. Off to sew something


Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment