Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pears & piecing

We have a pear tree on our farm that is between 60-70 years old. As my father in law tells the story the pear tree survived the tornado of '53. It's a large tree for a fruit tree but it has never really been pruned & taken care of. It always produces buckets of pears. Last year we picked 27 five gallon buckets of pears. This year was not as good but we still picked a lot.  So I've been canning pears. I've had help this year. Friends Maria & Randi came & helped me pick, peal & can. It's a much more enjoyable process when friends are with you. Right now I'm kind of canned out. So I'm trying to work on my intensity quilt. I've got all of the small pieces together now I just need to add them to the bigger pieces & we'll have blocks! Exciting! I hope y'all are having a good day,

Vicky


No comments:

Post a Comment