Monday, October 6, 2014

What I'm working on: A quilt finish, another string quilt & working on a pile of possibilities

Good morning y'all! 
It's been a fun jam packed weekend. I did find time to finish my orphan quilt, woo hoo!

I really like it! Though I think that I always say that. It's a fun history of my my quilting journey.  I do need to come up with a new name for it. I'm not a big fan of "Orphan quilt". If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. I'm hoping to get it to my LAQ this week & pick up my Apple Core quilt. Drop one off , pick one up its kind of fun😄.

Check out my previous post about the pile of possibilities. I haven't had enough time to work on cutting the scraps down to get enough to start making my next quilts. Knowing this I was kind of in a lurch on Friday night. I get together with some quilty friends & sew on Friday nights & I needed a project. I went looking in the sewing room & found this string project. It will be done in Civil War reproduction scraps. I was able to get this block done on Friday night!

I don't have many quilts in progress at one time. That was a request that my husband made when I first started quilting. "Don't start another quilt until you've got the one you're working on done". For the most part I've been able to do that. 
I'd better keep this short as ther is lots to do today. I hope y'all have a great day! More later on,

Vicky


3 comments:

  1. Since your orphan block quilt has a history of you and your quilting how about
    -A Stitch in Time
    -Pieces of my heart(or life)
    -Life in stitches
    -Scraps of my life
    -One quilters Journey
    -Destination Love-( I feel like this one needs an explanation. Every orphan want to be loved. It's their journey in life, but since your orphan blocks have found their way into a quilt, they are loved thus reaching their destination)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your orphan sampler looks coordinated! What a nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use orphan blocks...

    ReplyDelete