Tuesday, October 28, 2014

720, that's the number.

 I'm  a day late on getting my Monday "What am I working on" blog written. It seems here lately that as each new Monday comes I've gotten farther along on this batik quilt. That's a good thing though I do wish I could get more done in my days. Here's my box of 2 patches

I was curious just how many 4 patches I could make out of this box. I personally think, a lot! I started matching up pairs yesterday & I've gotten 230 4 patches matched up so far. 

(My kiddo has dumped out a 5 gallon container full of buttons looking for a specific one.)


According to the pattern I need 280 4 patches. I'm almost there & it looks like I've taken nothing out of the box

So since it apears that there are plenty of 4 patches let's make this quilt bigger! I did some math & it comes out that I'll need 144 blocks for a 12X12 setting. 144 blocks X five 4 patches per block = 720 4 patches. I think that I'll be able to get all that I need from this little box.😀

I hope y'all are having a great day. I've got the windows open & I'm loving this weather. More later on,

Vicky

p.s. check out patchworktimes.com to see what other quilters are working on


No comments:

Post a Comment