Monday, August 3, 2015

Doing a little house cleaning & some motivation

First I've never claimed to be the most organized person. I have found though that the more organized I am the more smoothly my life is. Realizing this has been huge for me. I was recently introduced to a Facebook page called "Quilters Classifieds". You can sell all things quilty on this page. I thought that I'd be tempted beyond control & be buying fabric. Turns out I've not bought a single thing but I have sold!
That is huge for me. The first two items were fairly small but today, today I listed quilts. I always thought that I'd never sell any of my quilts. I'm a very sentimental person & I attach memories to my quilts. So it makes it very hard for me to part with them. Well my DH has been very patient with me & has asked where we are going to store all of the quilts. My standard response was I was just going to start another pile. Well when my dear friend Liz asked me the same thing & it got me to thinking. Life got in the way and all of those thoughts were soon lost until today. Today they came back & I went to see if there were any that I was willing to part with. I found 3. 3 is not much but its a start.  (I'm not going to be selling all of them just some of them. That way I can make room for more.) What I did notice is that these 3 quilts were not scrappy at all. They were all made from yardage. I can't think of selling my scrappy quilts but the yardage quilts that's ok.

We'll see if they sell. If any of you are interested just let me know.

Now comes the motivation part. As I was in my sewing room today I noticed that I've got lots of hand embroidery projects waiting patiently to be started & completed. The only thing is is that I'm in the throws of a huge project.

I'm working on these panels & in a year I've only gotten 2.5 done. Thats not good on the completion rate. I need to step up my productivity if I'm going to get this project done. So here's my plan: I want to complete at least one "flower" a day. There are 29 flowers on each panel. I have 10 more flowers on this panel & 5 more panels to finish so that should be 155 more flowers to finish. That should take me a little more than 5 months to finish these up & that happens to be around the end of this year. I think that is a fantastic goal to shoot for. I'll keep y'all updated on my progess.

I hope that y'all had a fantastic day. It was a beautiful day here. Check out what other quilters are up to at patchworktimes.com

More later on,


Vicky


No comments:

Post a Comment