Friday, July 31, 2015

Labels, labels, labels

I've never been a big laber on my quilts. I think that my reasons for not labeling is that I'm not a big hand sewer, yet I love hand embroidery, go figure? I've never had much luck writing on fabric with those fabric pens & I guess the top reason is I just didn't want to do it. By the time I have the binding done I'm ready to move  on to the next quilt.
My mom had some of her mothers quilts appraised a while back & was told how important to have labels on your quilts. So for my birthday this year she gave me an incredible gift. She found a local design/t-shirt shop that would make my labels & print them on to fabric! She will write the name of the quilt & the date on for me & the biggest part is that she will hand sew them on the back! Talk about incredible, right?!

We were able to get 4 pages done yesterday but the process took a little longer than we expected. We found out that if we provided the fabric & had it cut to the size they needed our price would be much less. So off we were to find the local Jo-Anns. We found it & got our cream Kona solid. Only the problem was that Jo-Anns wouldn't allow us to cut the fabric there. We understood but then we were off to find the local quilt store to see if they would allow us to cut the fabric there. They did! WooHoo!
We took the four pieces of fabric back to the printer & had lunch at Red Robin while they did the printing. It was a fantastic long day.
My mom likes to visit quilt shops when they are on vacations. While on the west coast mom stopped in a shop in California & they had a fantastic scrap bin! She texted & asked it I'd like a bag, ummm YES PLEASE! I think that she did very well. All of this for $3!!!
Well I should probably sort this & put it away in their proper places & get to sewing on my 2 current projects. Shhh don't tell him that I've got 2 going at once :)  I hope that y'all are having a great day. It's beautiful here in the middle of the US. I'tll be time to do chores soon & there are more blackberries to be picked. Yum! More later on,


Vicky


1 comment:

  1. What a nice surprise and gift to get your labels done by someone else. Nice grab bag of scraps too.

    ReplyDelete