Monday, June 22, 2015

What am I working on? A little excitement & some strip piecing

Well to start it off there was some huge excitment for me this weekend. I got the certificate showing that my name & logo are now a registered trademark!!!!! Woohoo!!!! I can not tell you how excited I am. It has been an almost year long journey.

This weekend was the very first Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival & it was a huge success. I went on Friday with my mom. Oh my goodness the quilts were phenomenal! Here are a few of the beautiful quilts that were there

This one was the best of show.



I think this one should have been the best of show in my personal opinion. All of this is hand quilted. Simply amazing!

All of this stippling is all done by hand. Amazing!

I've finished my kite quilt & will be taking it to my LAQ today. So now I am working on finishing The Chess Board quilt. It's my secong run on a 10,000 piece quilt. So far I am just ironing more piecies of fabric so that they can be cut up. I've got 7,200 piecies done just 2,800 more to go! 


I've got lots of errands to run today & hay season also started this weekend. I'm not entirely sure when I'll be able to get to sew on it. The hay comes first during hay season & my quilting comes second. I get excited for rain days during hay season. I hope that y'all have a great day. It's beautiful here but HOT! More later on,


Vicky

p.s. Check out patchworktimes.com to see what other quilters are up to



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your trademark. What new endeavors are you planning now that you have these?
    Those quilts are fantastic. I'm with you, that hand quilted one looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete