Saturday, June 13, 2015

Cereal boxes & finding the new normal

First off I do aplogize for not writing in the last few weeks. Life has kinda been an upset the fruit basket. My father in law passed away about 3 weeks ago.We've been dealing with all of the arrangements & we had family in town for a week, which we enjoyed. This has been the first week of the "New Normal".
I'm sure that there are going to be some bumps along the way but we'll figure it out.

For many years I kept my strings in a Frosted Flakes box like this.

This past Thursday at guild meeting fellow guild member & friend Barb said that they don't eat Frosted Flakes but they do eat Special K & she filled up it full of strings just for me! It made my day
 This box is full & heavy.
I'm looking forward to going through it!

Last night I finally had some time to finish making the blocks for my kite quilt & lay it out. I'm really loving it!
 
I need to cut some pieces for my leader & ender project & then I'll be ready to go. I'm thinking I need to be working on my blue/white row by row project for the quilt guild. The rows are due at next months guild meeting & I've not started on it yet. Yikes! 

I hope that y'all are having a good day. It's kinda overcast & cool here in the midwest with a high chance of rain. That means that there is a high chance of quilting! More later on,


Vicky


No comments:

Post a Comment