Monday, June 29, 2015

It's Monday again, what am I working on? An unexpected cleaning job

Today I am on the hunt for some important papers that have been missplaced. With all of the activity/business since my father in law has passed I can not remember where I put those papers. I have looked & looked. Currenty I am working/looking in my sewing room. When I cleaned up all of my sewing stuff from next door I think that I put those papers in with the sewing stuff. Well, while I've been looking I've also been cleaning & reorganizing. So far I have sorted through one large tote of scraps & all of the piles that you can see around the tote have been put away!

 I aslo found an antique quilt that I bought off of craigslist a few months ago. It just hurts my heart that people would think to cut these old quilts up. So I had to resuce this one
It does have its fair share of rough patches but for $30 I just couldn't pass it up. When my husband saw it he thought it was nice but he did want to know where I was going to put it. I reassured him that I would find a place. Maybe someday when we get a bigger home I can display some of my antique quilts.

I am also trying to work hard on this Chess Board quilt. It's coming along but not as fast as I want it to. I decided this am that I had enough strip sets made I was going to start slicing them up into 1.5" strips

Now I have a giagantic pile of these little pieces that I am matching up into pairs & then into 16 patches.

I'd better cut this off. I need to stay on the hunt for those papers & finish my cleaning in my sewing room. With all of this cleaning it makes me want to sew! I hope that y'all are doing well. It's beautiful & sticky here in the middle of the USA. Unfortunately not hay making weather, too much rain in forecast for the rest of the week. More later on, 


Vicky

p.s. Check out what other quilters are up to  at patchworktimes.com


3 comments:

  1. I was searching for paper work last week and ended up cleaning drawers and files while looking. Not fun, but necessary sometimes. Your chess board quilt is going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you are sticking with the search. I'm so easily distracted that I'd never get through even one tote! The antique quilt is so pretty. I am always happy when I read or hear that someone is trying to save even one. Have fun with that pretty chessboard quilt--love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time my kids loose something I just tell them to start cleaning until they find it. It usually works, and things end up cleaner in the process

    ReplyDelete