Sunday, December 14, 2014

Just call me Grace + life with no water

This picture is a summary of my evening

The farm & my in-laws house is on city water, my families house is on well water. Around 3 today there was a major water line break & there is no city water. Well wouldn't you know husband wasn't home. By the time he got home (from helping an elderly farmer) it was dark. The plan to get water to the cows was to get them back into the pasture (there are 3 ponds back there). I did a quick check of the fence line & we were good to go. Just try to picture 3 humans herding a bunch of cows & calves in the dark. Oh my goodness what an experience. All went well, it took us a few tries but I believe we got all momma & their babies reunited in the pasture. The incident with my pant leg occurred while herding some calves back towards the gate & well with it being dark I did not see the huge mud pit. It'll be fine though I'll wash & so will the jeans. Dear husband & kiddo are headed into town to get water in these huge totes to water another set of calves that can't go back to the pasture. I'm hoping that the water will come back on soon & this incredible warm weather holds on until the water comes on. I really don't want to chop ice on the ponds. I'd better close this off & see what I can get done in the house. I hope y'all are having a great evening. More later on,

Vicky

3 comments:

  1. Wowzers! If the water isn't on yet, I pray it will be soon! You fared extremely well ALL things considered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water came on last night around 9:30 ish. Yes we did fair very well. I'm very thankful no one, human or cow was injured. Now I just have to get them all back down here because the weather is supposed to go down hill this week. God did answer my prayer of please hold out the nice weather until the water comes on.

    ReplyDelete