Monday, December 8, 2014

It's Monday! What am I working on, a finish!!!!

Life has been busy but isn't that what I always say? We had a great Thanksgiving with our family & friends. I learned that you can't crowd an oven, the food will not cook quickly. My silly turkey took 6 hours to cook. The lessons I learned & the stories we can now tell😊.

I finished my latest quilt! Yeah! It's a big one. It measures 101.5" square, I hope. My tiny living room is to small to lay it out flat & it is too wet for an outside picture. This pic will have to do until I get it back & then maybe I can take apic outside

My original plan was for it to have a 4" border but with it being over 100" I decided that it was good border less. I'll put a solid dark binding on it & call it good. While putting it together I used some BOM blocks as my Leaders & Enders. I was able to get 3 blocks completed! 

Next on my plate is to bind 2 quilts, not my favorite thing to do. My guild is participating in the Kansas City quilt festival next June. We get to hang a certain number so in order to choose which quilts we will hang we need to bring our quilts this Thursday to guild meeting & we'll have viewers choice. My entry will be 

Sorry for the blurry picture me & technology are not getting along currently. This is my version of a red work quilt. The original pattern was for twilling embroidery but I did stem stitch with pearl cotton #5. It gives great texture & dimension plus it goes so much faster than twilling. 

I'd better cut this off, I need to finish supper. I hope hall are having a great day. It's been an unseasonably warm day here. It looks like we'll be in the upper 50's to almost 60's all week.  It's very hard for me to get in the Christmas spirit with it being that warm. I think getting my tree up might help. More later on,  

Vicky







3 comments:

  1. Love your scrap quilt, it's gorgeous. As is your red work quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrappy quilt is wonderful! Plus I love your Flying Geese blocks made from kaffe fabrics... my favorite! Lots of fun projects at your house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrappy quilt is great! I love all your scrap blocks you've got going too. But what's not to like - scraps are where it's at!!

    ReplyDelete