Monday, April 14, 2014

What I've been working on

I got some time with my sewing machine this weekend. Woohoo!!!! I feel like I've accomplished something. First off I got the log cabin quilt done!!! I used my Accuquilt log cabin die & lets just say that there was definitely a learning curve that went with this quilt. It did not go together like previous log cabin quilts that I have made. That being said I'm glad that it's done & I like how it turned out! All of the bright batiks are all scraps & about 60% of the black is scraps. I've used up all of my black scraps & had to get some yardage. 

Next up, bindings. I think that I've said this before but binding is probably my least favorite part of the the whole quilt process. Even so they still have to be done. I had three to do. I kind of put them off until I just have to do them. My guilds quilt show is in a few weeks & these three will be in the show. The first quilt is my lockin quilt. Y'all have seen this one before but now that the binding is on I can call it done!
 
Next up were my two practice Drunkards Path quilts. These were both made on my treadle. They along with some other quilts that I have made on my treadle will be on display. We are going to have a display with treadle & hand crank sewing machines. 




I'm ready to work on a project on the treadle. I hope y'all have a great day. Check out what others are working on at patchworktimes.com


Vicky



1 comment:

  1. All your quilts looks really great. Hope your guild quilt show is successful. If you lived closer I would trade you jobs of doing bindings for cutting out the blocks.! Wish I could come see it, but will be in Paducah and traveling a bit. I really love your log cabin quilt. I bookmarked that for a reminder if I ever get caught up with many UFOs.

    ReplyDelete