Saturday, March 8, 2014

Busy, busy, busy

I've just been very busy the last week and a half. Life has been getting in the way of quilting. I made up for it today. Today I sewed from 10 am to 10pm. My friends Theresa (my long arm quilter) & Sharon had their annual Lock-in today. There were 60 quilters sewing & having a great time. This year I really stepped out of my box & used lime green for the predominat color in the quilt. The quilt does have yardage & scraps in it. I just find it difficult to compleltely use scraps in a mystery quilt. All of the black & white fabrics are scraps from my stash. The other fabric is yardage that I bought from my friend Maria over at airborneheirlooms.com  I was really motivated to see how far I could get. Friend Pam T & I were the last quilters to leave. I was making the square queen. I got all of the rows & all of the sashings done. I really wanted to see what it was going to look like. I'm not sure yet if I like it or not. It all depends on what I decide to do with the borders. Luckily for me that does not have to be decided tonight. I had a great day. It was fun getting to know new quilting friends Morgan & Colleen. I hope y'all had a great day, I did & I'm beat. I'm headed off to bed. More later on,


Vicky

1 comment:

  1. This is a very dramatic looking quilt. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete