Saturday, January 11, 2014

Over the moon

This past Thursday I taught my very first class. I taught the string piecing technique to a fun group of quilters. There was about 6 of us at the beginning and more trickled in. It was fun to see what everyone brought. Some brought whatever was in their scrap bag, all batiks or red/whites. There was a lot of traveling down memory lane. Memories being sparked by seeing fabric that was used in previous projects. String piecing is highly addictive & it's a great way to use it all up. There are so many different ways to construct the blocks & lay the blocks out & that the possibilities are endless. If you have never made a string quilt I highly recommend them. Google "string piecing" & you will find lots of information & pictures. 

I had a wonderful surprise. The president of the guild had made one of my patterns!!! I had given my lecture/trunks how to this guild in November & she had already made the quilt! She made my "The Cross" quilt. It's a string piecing block. She is working on another Cross quilt this time using brown instead of black for the cross. Norma thank you so much for bringing the quilt it made my day. 

I hope y'all are having a great day. It's sunny & 50 here in the middle of the US. My windows are open & I'm enjoying the afternoon. Maybe there will be some fabric/sewing time later on,

Vicky




1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right about them being addictive. It seems that is what I usually get finished faster than any other type of quilt. One of the reasons is it's mindless and uses up fabric that some people throw away. Also, I don't stress over what pattern I'm going to quilt it with. Any overall works great!! Your friends cross quilt is very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete