Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Scrappy Reputation

It is so much fun having a scrappy reputation. At my local quilt shop I'm known as "The Scrap Lady" and I love it! It is sooo much fun digging through the scraps to find all of those fabric treasures. There are a few stores close to me that also have scrap bins and I went to one of them on Friday. Friday's adventure was down to Quilting Bits & Pieces in Eudora Kansas. I REALLY like that store. It is serious eye candy. I had fun looking at all of the fabric but the best was the scrap bin. I should have taken a picture of it. It was an antique washing machine. I had lots of fun digging & choosing. I left with 3 scrap bags. This is what was in my scrap bags.

There is a lot of fabric here & I'm supper excited. When I was checking out they were teasing me saying "We should charge you by the pound not by the bag!" It is a mostly gold's, greens, reds & blacks all with a Christmas theme.

When I got home I didn't stay long as there was more fabric to go & pick up. On Thursday I received a call from one of the quilt guild members. She said that her sister in law was at the Mystery quilt lock-in back in March & she heard that I liked scraps. There was a Wal-Mart bag with scraps waiting for me in town. Oh so much fun! I am very thankful for all of the quilters who have gifted me their scraps over the past couple of years. I have had so much fun looking through them and putting them into my scrappy quilts.

Off to make supper. It is a lasagna night (for my husband & kiddo).
Have a great night!

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment