Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Mrs. Indecisive has turned into Mrs. I've made up my mind

Last week for the life of me I could not make up my mind. I was a rudderless boat being taken wherever the wind would take me. I've been working on 2 quilts at the same time. Quilt #1 is the Kansas rbr quilt which is due at next month's guild meeting. I'd wanted to use hexagons & the first method flopped & so I went to the next method & I think we have a winner! I've put a row of hexies between each row & I've got all of the rows sewn together. The quilt is pretty long & narrow so I'm going to put a panel of hexies on the right side of the rows to make it a bit wider. It's looking like another big quilt. I just have problems going small I guess.

I'm using the "Mad City Moma" quilt as my L/E quilt. This is the quilt that I was so incredibly indecisive about. Here's the block 

I was loving how this was looking & was making it just like the pattern. Here's all 16 blocks laid out on the floor.

The original design has yellow sashings & purple corner stones so I went into my stash & found those colors in batiks

I liked it but the more I looked at it the more those star points on the sides of the blocks bothered me. So I cut out some more black squares & now we have this option.

The issue that I had with this option was that you only saw the stars, because they really pop out at you & you miss the background beauty. The hum hauling & going back & forth was making me crazy & I just needed to make a choice & go with it. So I'm making the second option with all of the black stars. There will be a inner black border followed by a wide pieced (using all of the leftover 1.5" squares) outer border. 


Farm news: I think that I'm starting to understand the word bog. Since Thanksgiving we've had close to 7" of rain. The ponds are the fullest that I've ever seen them. We've also decided that this would be the best time to dig a trench to put a waterer back in the pasture. Complete insanity but we've gotta have that waterer. Yesterday while feeding hay I had to drive over the filled in part of the trench & the back tire of the tractor sank & I was stuck. I'm very greatful for 4 wheel drive! I really shouldn't be complaining though, we could be trying to do this in the freezing cold. Last week before the latest storm we had 3 days that was over 60. Incredible. If you don't like the weather just wait a bit & you'll get another season. 

I hope that y'all are having a great day. More later on,

Vicky
 




No comments:

Post a Comment