Monday, May 4, 2015

It's Monday again & I'm working on a new pattern & a few other projects.

Mondays seem to roll around so much faster here lately. I do wish I could slow it down just a little. My kiddo will turn 13 in 2 weeks or so & he likes teasing me that I'm going to be the mom of a teennager & I'm just not ready for that. It will come though if I'm ready or not.

I've been busy this past week. I had a quilt presentation with the Starlight Quilters Guild in Overland Park KS & had a great time. What a great group of quilters. I dropped off my new to me Singer 301 for a much needed makeover. I'm hoping that I can pick her up tomorrow because I can't wait to put her through her paces. There are lots of projects in the works. Shhh, don't tell my husband but I've got multiple projects going at the same time. ( When I first started quilting he said that he had only one rule. Don't start another project until you've got your current project completed). I had been sewing happily on my Kite project 

Well quilty inspiration hit & a new project started and well it took precident over the Kite project.
I am using the Kite quilt as Leader/Ender for the new quilt. To add to the quilting pile my LAQ finished the White Nostalgia quilt & I need to get the binding on it & to the quilt store. It is beautiful but I prefer the original with black & batiks. When I get the new quilt done I'll post pics.

I'm still working on the Civil War 10,000 piece quilt when I'm next door. It is coming together a piece at a time. I need to iron these pieces & sew them into 16 patches.

We'll see how much I can get done this week. I've got presentations in Manhattan KS next Monday & I'm hoping to have some new quilts with me. I hope that y'all are having a great Monday. It's looking to be a rainy week. That sounds good to me. It should mean lots of quilty sewing time. Check out what others are up to at patchworktimes.com.

More later on,

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment