Thursday, April 23, 2015

The blog has been invaded by crickets I think

I do apologize for being so quiet on the blog. Life has been all kinds of crazy and writing on the blog has been put on the far back burner for the last few weeks. My father in law has been mostly stable with some bad days thrown in there. I'm thankful for that but it has changed how my days go. I am also thankful for the fact that we are not grain farmers right now. There's been lots of equipment going up & down the road getting the fields ready for planting. Our "crop" of hay is looking very good and in about a month we'll be talking about getting things ready to head out & start making hay. I'm truly hoping that the weather will cooperate and we'll be able to get into the fields shortly after memorial day. Last year  we didn't even start cutting hay until after Independence day. I was baling hay on my birthday last year & I really don't want to repeat that this year!

Ok enough babling on about the farm what have I been sewing on? Because yes even with how crazy my life is I need to sew. It centers me. After I had completed the  secondary color way of Nostalgia I needed to start a new project at home. I walked into my sewing room & was stumpped. I shouldn't have been. There was plenty of fabric with limitless possibilities in my small little room. All I had to do was pick one of them & start.

A few years back (I'm saying that because I can not remember how many) I made/finished a quilt for a lady & in payment she gave me all of the leftover yardage. There were yards  of beautiful red batiks. Here is a pic of the scraps after I've been doing some cutting 

Well what was I going to do with yardage? That is not usually where i jump off when I start a quilt. Well I had remembered that I had purchased a new Accuquilt Die and I needed to play with it for a while just so that I knew how the blocks went together. This is the die
Here are some of the blocks that I've created so far. More will be made, many more will be made because I don't make small quilts.:)

Right now I'm in the process of cutting more pieces & I'm thankful for the Accuquilt, it is definetly making that process much easier & more enjoyable.

I'd better close this down. There are more piecies that I want to run through the Accuquilt before I head out to do chores. It is simply beautifull here in the middle of the USA & I'm trying to enjoy it! I hope yall are doing well. There's been more inspiration for more quilts but that will come in a later post. More later on ,


Vicky


1 comment:

  1. Love that pattern! It is on my "to do" list....someday. :) Love your fabric selections.
    -Kristie

    ReplyDelete