Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Just call me Grace

No one has ever called me delicate. Most of the time it's "quit being a brute" or when I was a kiddo " Vicky you're like a bull in a China shop". I think my parents should have given me the middle name of "Grace" because I don't have any. Case in point the following story of yesterday:

Yesterday we were finishing up sorting cows to see who was going to be artificially insemenated. Too much information, I know. Husband & I had done the hard part or so I thought & had everyone sorted & we were waiting for the AI man to arrive. I was so very hot (remember my spirit animal is a yak or a polar bear. I like it COLD!)
 
The AI man arrives & all we need to do is a little ring around the rosie ( move cows around in a circle from 1 pen to another) & we are ready to put them through the squeeze shoot & get this process started. Well some of the younger cows decided they wanted to be stubborn/obstinate & didn't want to go where I wanted & tried to get around me. I tried to cut them off, tripped over my own feet ( my name is Grace) & fell. It was not graceful. I tried to correct & I went down. I'm sporting a skinned up palm (haven't had one of those since I learned how to ride my bike) & a fantastic bruise on my shin
 
My husband went over a block wall (such a gentleman) to make sure I was ok. I brushed myself off & helped my husband get the silly creatures where they needed to be. 

It went fairly well after that. One of our barn cats Adso 
 
Felt that it was his duty to sit in front of the AI mans open truck door.  Husband moved him a few times, we finished & the AI man was on his way. No one knew that Adso had hitched a ride inside the AI mans truck. He was driving home & Adso popped up on the passenger seat purring & meowing wanting to be petted. The AI man about pooped his pants. It just cracks me up thinking about it. He did bring Adso back. I think he might be closing his doors when he's here from now on. 

Here's another fun pic of Adso 
 
My husband (the softie that he is) has made them a cat box in his shop. He said that Adso slept like this for at least an hour. Crazy cat. Husband also made the comment that "this is your cat. No one else could sleep like that but you". 

I'm hoping to get into my sewing room or have some machine time. It's been way too long. Gotta get a few things done first. Today is my kiddos birthday & there needs to be some house cleaning done, yuck. 
 
Love this kid!!

Hope y'all are doing well. Next post will be all about the workshops last week in Mountain Home Arkansas!

More later on,

Vicky 

1 comment:

  1. Hi I hope your leg isn't too sore. I hurt my calf once and couldnt walk without pain. I'd bruised the lining of the calf? Love the cats story.

    ReplyDelete