Saturday, November 7, 2015

The craziness of life

My world has been turned on its head. My husband is & will be working the night shift for the forseeable future. I'm not use to having him home during the day & it's been an adjustment. My normal schedule does not work anymore. I never realized I was that loud until I had to be quiet. My family would probably laugh at that because I have been compared to a "bull in a china shop" before. I'm trying my best to find the silver lining in this experience & what I've come up with is that DH is getting much more sleep than he usually does. I'm also learning that I need to be more flexible & adaptable to all of the different things that come my way. With this new schedule I've been having a much harder time working in my sewing time. I NEED MY SEWING TIME!  So today I just did it. There were some things that just didn't get done but I was ok with that because I needed/wanted to sew. 

I'm continuing to work on my Smith Mountain Morning quilt. I just have 15 more blocks to make & all 121 will be done!! I can not express how excited I am about that! I'm really putting the pressure on myself to get these blocks made in the next day or so. I had completely forgotten that I had committed to work on a project for a friend that needed it before December. Nothing like forgetting about it & racing to get it done at the last minute. I've got it laid out & I'm pretty sure on how I'm going to work on it. I'll share some pics when I start working on it. Before I can work on it though I want to get all of the SMM quilt blocks done because I do not want to loose any of the pieces. 

It has been just beautiful here in Kansas the last couple of weeks. To the point that it is hard to believe that it is the begining of November & I'm still wearing my flip flops. I'm finding it hard to get into the holiday spirit. I think that I'm really wanting the cold weather. I was a little over anxious the other day & wore a sweater & turtle neck in the morning, ran into town for a few errands, came home & changed into a short sleeved t-shirt. I just need to be patient it'll get here soon enough. 
I do hope that y'all are having a great day! 

More later on,


Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment