Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Trying to decide which was is up

The last 2-3 weeks have been about survival for me. During my FILS hospital stay my world was consumed with his care, taking care of my MIL, keeping occupied/busy during the slow times & figuring out who would be at home when the kiddo gets off the bus. 
We've hit the one week at home Anniversary & it's been a rough week, though it has gotten better as the week has gone on. I've been sleeping at my in laws because he has needed me but the last two nights they've done well & haven't needed me. So tonight I'm going to be sleeping at home ( our houses are 60' apart so I'm not that far away) & I'm hoping all goes well. I spend my mornings over there so my MIL can take a nap or do whatever she needs to do & I sew while he sleeps. I was able to get the Y seams quilt done! 
I'm thrilled that's it's done. Now I'll need to figure out how to get it to my LAQ. 
Since this project was done what was I going to work on next? I grabbed a bag of scraps this am & headed over. This is what it looked like

There were so many goodies in this bag. Lots of zip lock baggies of HST! Some were just cut out, some were already sewed & I got really lucky & some were already pressed & ready to go. 
I sewed up 2 baggies & am working on getting them squared up. I was getting very excited about some quilt block ideas & then for some reason which I haven't figured out yet it's like the wind has been let out of my sails & my quilting mojo has left the building. I've pulled out my hand quilting project that needs to be finished & maybe I can work on that & get it completed. I think that the quilting mojo will come back when I start getting more sleep. I hope y'all are doing well & have a great night,

More later on

Vicky

1 comment:

  1. Your Y seam quilt turned out very nice. Well done. Hope you will get some much needed rest. All will work out in time.

    ReplyDelete