Monday, November 10, 2014

It's Monday morning. What am I working on? Ironing

This week I had finished up matching all of my 2 patches into 4 patches. They were layed by the treadle just begging to go under the needle. 

Finally Saturday I was able to sit & treadle & was able to get through quite a few of them. Yesterday I finished sewing them all up! Now they are just a pile under my treadle waiting to be cut apart & ironed. 

I have never gotten into the habit of ironing them while they are still attached to one another. I tried it once but never really cared for it. I think I need to put on a good movie & have a ironing party. I'm hoping that by the time the movie is over the ironing will be too. 

Today is going to be the last warm weather day for a while. Starting tonight & into tomorrow it will be my kind of weather. I tell my husband all the time that I think the dear Lord made me for the Artic Circle & him for the Equator. Thankfully we're in Kansas & that's in the middle of the two places so we're both happy. 

Just wanted to share a fun pic of some of the calves playing King of The Hay Bale this am. They are fun to watch. 

I hope y'all have a great day. Checkout patchworktimes.com to see what other quilters are up to today. More later on,  

Vicky

3 comments:

  1. those will be great 4 patches!! Pick a good movie. We are west of you in CO - and it just started snowing.... buckle down its a comin' ... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some pile of 4 patches. I generally do things like that in batches -- sew a little, iron a little... I'm not sure I'd want to face ironing a while big pile like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are using your treadle. I just bought one from a friend and don't know if I can get it to work smoothly. Is there a trick for newcomers? Mine does not look as pretty as yours, but it does sew. That ironing will keep you warm in the cool weather. We are getting it on Tuesday night too. Snow by Friday - maybe.

    ReplyDelete