Sunday, September 28, 2014

Me & hand quilting

Hand quilting & I go way back. I remember my mom was really into it when I was little. I just never understood why she would want to do something so slow. When I got into quilting I REALLY didn't understand why people would want to do something so slow when you had fast machine quilting. 
Something has changed in my perspective. I'm not sure why but it has. I had been intimidated by those small needles. I've got these huge man hands & thought I'd never be able to do quilt with those small needles. Well I was wasting time on YouTube the other day & I came across the Australian (Sarah Fielke) lady hand quilting using Pearl cotton embroidery floss & large embroidery needles to hand quilt. Well that got my attention. My curiosity was spiked & now I just had to try it. I was over anxious to start & thought that my first hand quilting project should be a queen sized quilt. My friend & LAQ said that I should do something small the first time just to make sure I liked it. So I came home & found this block

I need to put a border on it, find a backing & get started! I'm curious to see if I will like it. I'm kinda hoping that I will. I showed this block to my husband & explained my idea to him. His response was "what are you going to do with it?"
He's very much a everything has to have a function kind of guy. I told him that once I got it done I'd hang it in my sewing room. He replied "I see".
I hope that y'all are having a good day. It's another beautiful autum day here in the middle of America! More later on


Vicky


No comments:

Post a Comment