Saturday, November 1, 2014

Sitting & waiting for the vet


As caretakers of cows you are on call everyday all day, including holidays, birthdays & anniversaries.  Sometimes it really stinks because these crazy creatures will wait until Christmas Eve to have a medical emergency. I'm currently sitting outside in some of my cold weather gear drinking coffee & waiting on the vet. We've got a sick calf & it's beyond my experience. I'm hoping it'll be an easy fix, I'm  trying to be optimistic. So while I wait i decided to write a blog post. Gotta love smart phones đŸ˜€

When I first started Quilting my husband gave me one rule " Don't start a project until you are completely done with your current project". Well for the most part I've been able to do pretty good with that until currently. I've got my Friday night quilt project ( I get together with some Quilty friends & sew on Friday nights), the new batik 4 patch project & there are piles of fabrics in my sewing room already grouped up for specific projects. 
I was really starting to feel overwhelmed by it all. So I'm going to focus on the Friday night project & get it done & then move on down the list. I guess my eagerness got in the way of reality.  Here's my Friday night project 

It's a Civil War Spider Web quilt. This was inspired by a stack of CW layer cakes I was gifted. I kid you not that the stack of layer cakes was 6". 

Isn't that crazy! The quilter didn't want them anymore & gifted them to me. I was extremely thankful & told her that I would put them up good use. I sorted them out & took just the CW pieces out to use. The rest is set aside for future projects. 
I'm using the template & foundation papers that I got from Missouri Star Quilt Co to make this quilt 

I cut 42 stars & then sliced up the rest for strings. It's going to be a heavy quilt with all of those pieces & thread. 

I hope that y'all have a great weekend. It's cold & beautiful here in the middle of the USA. More later on,

Vicky 

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great projects. I can't believe that someone did not want that big stack of layer cakes. Are they crazy?? I know you will make great use of them. You are a lucky lady, and you deserve all the gifts you get. You are such a hard worker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand feeling overwhelmed by ALL the projects.This is a HUGE stack of layer cakes! Isn't gifted fabric the BEST?! You CW Spiderweb is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete