Monday, November 24, 2014

It's Monday what am I working on? Cleaning & organizing the sewing room

I believe that I need to go through my sewing room & clean it/ organize it every so often. Well I had been putting that off & putting that off & well my sewing room had gotten out of control.  We are having company come in for Thanksgiving & my kiddo sleeps in the sewing room when company comes. I started working on it last night & was able to work on it for an hour.  This is what it started at 

This is what it looks like after an hour of work

Much better but there is more to be done. I've decided that I'm going to gift all of my minky fabric to my Mom. She makes cute & warm baby quilts minky & I know that she'll use it. So far I have one regular sized trash bag full & I believe that there is more. If for some reason I need minky I'll go & buy just what I need. I don't need my own stash of minky. Plus I'd rather have that room for cotton fabric that I can piece with. 

I did get the table runner that I mentioned in the last post done. It'll be going to my quilter tomorrow,
I do need to pull a backing for it & then it'll be ready to go. 

I had purchased new fabrics from the quilt shop to help promote them & well I did not calculate very well. I am a scrap quilter I don't figure yardage until after I'm done piecing. I just want to know how much fabric scraps I've used up. So the leftovers from this project will find their proper place into the stash. Here's a pic of my quilt hanging in the shop


I'm going to continue working on the sewing room & working on my version of 4 patch X. I'm getting closer but my goal is to have it done by Friday. I'm still trying to decide if I want to participate in Bonnie Hunters mystery. I hope y'all are staying warm. It's kind of a gray day here. Have a great day. More later on,


Vicky






2 comments:

  1. You made a lot of progress in an hour. These sewing rooms can certainly get out of hand fast. I really like your quilt! Hope you decide to join in on the mystery. It looks like it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a new blog header? It's adorable! I love how the tractor is made from quilting/sewing notions.

    ReplyDelete