Friday, November 21, 2014

I'm breaking all the rules these days

I never thought of myself as a rule breaker but here lately I sure am. Well only in my quilting world. My husbands rule of " Don't start one project until the current project is done" has not been followed here lately. I was feeling very blah on the string spiderweb quilt & I wanted to sew on my treadle so I started working on some batik 4 patches. That was going well until my stitches were not very sturdy 😢. I'm not sure what needs to be tweaked but now was not the time to figure it out. I took all of my 4 patches & moved back to the modern Pfaff machine. I had a momentary pause of should I stay on one machine with each project then I realized that was rubbish. As long as your 1/4" seams are consistent switch between as many machines as you want! So in the craziness of yesterday I managed to finish 4 blocks, woohoo!!!!!!

Now I just need to finish 140 more! My goal is to have the top finished by next Friday. (That's when Bonnie Hunter at quiltville.com is starting her yearly mystery. I'm still playing with the idea of participating.) I've given up on the thought of making smaller quilts for my family. We just love the bigger quilts & I believe that they use up more fabric. 

On Friday nights I get together & sew with some friends. Well last Friday Kathy gifted me 3 bags of fabric

More scraps! When it rains fabric here it pours! This will go in to the stack of fabric that I need to sort.
The thing is that I currently want to sew & not sort fabric so it's kinda backed up on me. We've got family coming in for Thanksgiving so there will be lots of sorting & organizing going on this weekend.

I was supposed to teach a string piecing class at one of the local quilt stores here this week. Well my student never showed up. That was ok though because it gave me a chance to talk with the owner about my patterns. She bought some of each of them & they will be hanging 3 of my quilts in the shop!
With the String Diamonds quilt there will be a table runner made up using the same technique as the quilt just using a different color way. 


They will also be hanging Christmas Stars

I am making a table runner, quickly, in a different color way so that they can show it along with this quilt. The third quilt. Is The Cross

They have the patterns for these quilts & my other patterns in store & maybe online as well. Check out 
MeadowsQuiltingandSewing.com   The quilts will be hanging until mid January.

 I hope y'all are having a good day. It's beautiful here & warmer than it has been in a while. I might open the windows later on. More later on,


Vicky


1 comment:

  1. You are so productive girl. I really like your 4 patch block idea. What size do the 4-patches measures unfinished? Your string cross quilt is pretty too. I know the feeling of getting backed up on sorting gifted fabrics. I need a month to do nothing but sort and cut mine. Have a great Thanksgiving with your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete