Monday, November 3, 2014

It's Monday & I'm working on My Civil War Spider Web quilt

I'm so glad it's Monday! I know that might sound weird but I look forward to Mondays like most people look forward to the weekends. The weekends here are generally jam packed. My husband wants to cram as much as he possibly can into his 1 1/2 days off. On Monday mornings after my husband goes to work & my son goes to school I feel like I can slow down a bit. 

I'm working on the Civil War Spider Web quilt. This is not a fast quilt to make but that's ok. It's using up fabric & I really like it. I'm using Civil War Repro fabrics (AKA dirt fabrics). I haven't been a huge fan of CW fabrics in the past but I'm learning to appreciate their beauty. This quilt is more to my husbands liking. 

I've got 2 rows done & kinda like it always does you can't really tell I've used any of my strings. You can find out more on this quilt by reading my previous post.

I've also had lots of opportunities to work on my embroidery project this week. 

This will definitely fits the bill of "it will take me a long time to complete it". My husband is challenging me to make more projects that take a long time to complete. He says I make too many quilts too fast. 
This embroidery project has at least 8 of these blocks with a possibility of making more. We'll see when we get there. This is just block 1 of 8. It looks like it will use over 2 skiens of floss per block. 

So in between laundry & cleaning the house I'm going to be sewing! I hope y'all have a great day. It's another beautiful but windy day here. If you'd like to see what other quilters are working on check out 
patchworktimes.com


Vicky

p.s. Sick calf update. The vet came & gave her a thorough exam & ended up giving her a couple of different meds. We are trying to be optimistic. She has shown more energy yesterday & today but only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment