Tuesday, September 2, 2014

What I'm working on: The Hideously Beautiful Apple Core Quilt

I try & work on one quilt at a time & not stop until it's done. It was something I told my husband that I would do. Well I've been somewhat successful in that statement. I got my Accuquilt Die cutter last summer & I got the Apple Core Fie shortly there after. I've always loved curved pieced quilts but I've never wanted to cut them out. That was no longer an issue with the die cutter. I cut out a whole bunch of pieces so that I could pin them on our way to Chicago last summer. I might have pinned a few at best. This project has been stopped & started so many different times. I am determined that I am not going to stop until this quilt is done! I have been using all different fabrics from my novelty stash. I even asked for novelties in my guilds Birthday FQ exchange so that I could have more variety. Here is where I am at currently

I am not cutting anymore pieces until I get what I've got cut pieced together. I think I might even piece a backing for this quilt, I haven't done that in sooo long but it's green apples & pearson a black fabric. Perfect for this quilt!

That's all for now. I'm yawning way to much so maybe a small nap will be in my future. I hope y'all are having a great day. Check out what other quilters are up to at patchworktimes.com
More later on,


Vicky 





2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to do an Applecore quilt but I'm intimidated by the curves. I actually have a lot of pieces already cut out for a scrappy quilt. Maybe I'll watch a couple of tutes on sewing curves and give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scrappiness of your quilt. As I worked on my first big scrap quilt I thought it was hideous in a fantastic way, too. When it was all done, I discovered that I loved bright colors. Your quilt is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete