Thursday, May 8, 2014

No worries, it's just a little pee

Yesterday one of our first calf Heifers (first time mom) had her baby. She did well. She didn't need any help. Her baby is small. It can walk under momma's belly. I know this because I watched her do it. She might be 50lbs. 

Well I hadn't watched her eat from her momma so this am dear husband went out & got her to eating. When I got home from town this am I went out to check on her ( I hadnt changed from my exercise clothes yet). She  wasn't up & bouncing around so  dear husband asked me to take them & put them in the barn. I got the other heifers into another pen scooped up the baby & off we went to the barn. Once there I got momma some grain & checked her udder. All 4 teats were good so baby should be getting milk. I got baby & put one of momma's teats in her mouth & that silly calf peed on my leg. 
( I took this pic once I got inside)

I called dear husband & told him that baby peed on me & that I think she's getting something otherwise she wouldn't have peed on me. He thought this was hilarious. 

Now momma & baby are situated in the barn. Hay has been fed & I can get a shower. There's lots to do. The guilds anniversary party is tonight. More later on,



Vicky 


1 comment:

  1. Just another day in the life of a farm wife. So glad you had a party to look forward to attending!

    ReplyDelete