Thursday, December 26, 2013

Me & curved seems

I am a huge fan of quilts with curved seems! I have alwys been intimidated by them so I've never made them. I think that besides the curved seam it was the cutting. I didn't want to cut all of those pieces. I did try once and it did not go well. So when my Mom asked me what Accuquilt dies that I wanted I listed all of the dies that had curved pieces. So my husband went in with my mom & got me the Drunkards Path die for me for Christmas. I was thrilled!!!! I had to start playing with fabric immediately.
I know that DP is usually made with just 2 colors. I decided that I wanted to make my first DP quilt using Civil War reproduction fabrics. I started to sort fabrics. The scraps had to be a certain size in order to fit the die. I was a little concerned at first I didn't think that I had that many large pieces.  Low and behold I do! My husband will be thrilled this color way is right up his alley. I'm piecing it on my treadle. I started it on my hand crank but she has become cranky & the tension is not right. I'm hoping that it will be done in time for my guilds show this year. They are having a display of quilts that have been made on a treadle or hand crank machine. I'll keep y'all updated on my progress. I hope that you had a great Christmas. We had a great time here. I'm off to pin more pieces. Have a great night 


Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment