Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Change of design

I had this design in my head & how it looked was awesome, in my head. When I made enough of the block parts for 4 blocks I layed them out to see what it was going to look like. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I didn't like it either way I put it. The black as the diamonds or the red. So I let them sit for a while. Then another idea hit me & I like this block so much better. I had made 95 sixteen patch blocks & I needed to make 5 more. Now I am in block construction mode. There will be 25 blocks in the quilt & each block is 16" finished. I'm not sure yet what the borders will be I guess I'll just wait & be inspired. All of the fabric except the black is scraps that I got at a quilt store or was given  to me. I 'm on a mission to use up what I've got. Hope y'all are doing well. I'm headed back to the sewing machine. I want this quilt done & on the bed of couch by Christmas. More later on,


Vicky




No comments:

Post a Comment