Thursday, May 11, 2017

(Backup) Just keep stitching!


This funny little fish & her song "Just keep swimming" has been in my head for a while now. I've just changed "swimming to stitching". I've got lots of projects, about half or maybe a little more are all hand work projects in the works. I'm doing my best to stay on task & not get distracted (because I might have to do a parts run for my dear husband & that cuts into my stitching time) from what I need & want to be doing.  I'm working on getting projects finished for my new program on hand work.
First up is my very first wool project. This is the project that showed me that I could do appliqué. When I started it the pattern was designed as a wall hanging. Well that wasn't going to work & I asked the designer if she could make it bigger. She told me that most of the time wool appliqué projects are all small, I'm guessing because of the cost of the wool. I'm working on the center medallion part & have just about got all of the pink stitched down.
 

Next up is my "Twirly Whirly" project. I just finished the stitching on this this morning. This stitched piece will be the center medallion surrounded by scrappy green winding ways blocks.
 

I've finished the white background version of my Embroidery quilt sampler. Now I'm working on the black background version. This block is the "Hungarian Braided Chain" stitch. I think that it looks like a shoelace.
 
My White background group is getting closer to finishing all 12 of the blocks & they want to continue. After some discussion we decided that we wanted more than 12 blocks but not more than 12 stitches. So we're going to be stitching 24 blocks doing each stitch twice in 2 different designs. I've been looking at quilting stencils & trying to decided which to use so that I can order them & get stitching on those blocks. This next year I'm only doing 1 colorway.
On the machine stitching I'm working on making a secondary colorway of each of my patterns. Currently I'm working on my pattern "Independence". The first time that I made it I used red, white & blue scraps.
 
This time I'm using purple, teal & silver scraps. Note: I didn't have any silver scraps so I am using yardage there. The purple & teal are scraps though. Oh my goodness I'm loving it!
 

Its amazing how different a pattern looks when you change the colors that are used. I'm planing on making at least 2 different color ways on all of my patterns. 

I started writing this post a while back & tonight realized that I need to finish it & send it off to y'all. There will be more blogs coming your way!

More later on,


Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment