Monday, February 9, 2015

It's Monday & I'm working on a finish!

I think the end is in sight for this quilt. This is my "Y" seams project. Have I made it just like the pattern is written, nope, I've made it my own & that is ok. 
 
I've got one more row to put on & then it will be on to borders. It won't be as big as I generally make my quilts. I bought this yardage years ago & my chances of finding more are slim. I have completely used up all of the purple yardage that goes around the hexies. There's only itty bits left that have found their way into my string bin. I've got more yardage that goes with all of this & I'm hoping that through the borders I can use some or a lot of that up as well. 
I've been doing my sewing over at my in-laws house. They are 60feet to the west of my house. My father in law come home from a week in the hospital last Tuesday & is now on hospice. My mother in law & I are his primary caregivers. We are finding our new "normal". I do know that quilting will definitely be a part of that new normal. I've set up my featherweight on their dining room table & I can look right up & see him in the living room. I believe that his generation (those born in the 20's) are extremely resilient & have an incredible will to live. I hope that y'all will bear with me as there might be time between posts. I'm going to do my best to post as often as I can. I am continueing to do my presentations. I've got 2 this week. Tomorrow night I'm with the Kansas Capital Quilters in Topeka Ks & Thursday night I'm with the Northland quilters guild in North Kansas City. If you're in the area I'd love  for you to come. I'd better cut this off. I need to get my fabric cut & head back over. I hope y'all are having a great day. More later on,


Vicky

2 comments:

  1. Family always comes first! Then piecing and then everything else falls into place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "almost finish looks great. You are an angel to be a caregiver for your f-i-l. Family should come first because they are most important. We will be here waiting when you get time.

    ReplyDelete